Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Demonstrative Speech

I think my speeches have improved greatly from the beginning of the quarter. My eye contact has gotten a lot better. From the pieces of paper I got back from the class, none of them said zero. I wasn't nervous at all for this speech which made it a lot easier because I felt comfortable in front of the class. I don't think i said "um" at all and I tried to speak loud and not mumble.
I still have a lot I could improve on. I can talk louder and use more enthusiasm in my voice. My normal voice is sort of boring and monotone, so I need to work on that when giving my speeches. A couple of times I laughed during my speech because I looked at people in the class. I need to improve on not laughing or letting these people affect my speeches. For this speech, I didn't use a notecard so I wasn't tempted to look down the whole time. In future speeches, if I have to use a notecard, I need to write less information on it to force me to make eye contact with the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment